Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WH Question Fall Games



Do you have those students you work with week after week trying to target "wh" questions? I do! I feel like I am always trying to find ways to work on "wh" questions other than through reading, because that is what I do with most of my students. Don't get me wrong, literacy-based interventions are AWESOME and I'm all about using appropriate stories to target "wh" questions, but sometimes my severe-profound students need a game to spice up our therapy sessions. Hence, my WH Fall Fun Pack! :) You can grab it on my TPT store here. The first thing I love about this fall fun activity are the "wh" question mats you can place in front of the students to ask questions about. If you're working with one or more students, you can change this activity to meet your specific student needs. 



This pack also includes a simple "wh" question apple picking activity in which students must pick an apple, answer a simple who, what, where, when, or why questions, and collect them in their basket. There are also apples with worms that they can pick that make them take an apple out of their basket. My students LOVE these types of games, so that's why I always make this type of game. 

Here is a sample of the "who" question cards. 

And the last game includes a gameboard which you can use with any of your students as well as with the comprehension questions following the game in the pack. These cards require your students to pay attention auditorily to what you say about the picture, and then answer questions based on what you say. Here are those samples. I can't wait to get this printed and laminated tomorrow to use with my language groups on Thursday!


I hope you enjoy this product and would love to hear the fun fall activities you are doing with your students! I love the changing weather here in Iowa and I think it's always fun for students to play games that relate to the seasons to keep therapy sessions engaging! Leave me a comment to let me know what you think of this pack. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment